Many of you know that in special cases, I will accept barters / trades for my services.
Here’s a quick go-to guide for barters that I have received in the past and / or love to receive on a recurring basis, for your inspiration. This list is not exhaustive and if you’d like to offer something outside of this list, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interesting books (preferred: POC-centered authors, metaphysical books, liberation / queer / womanist theology books, sex & sensuality texts, disability justice texts, blank journals)
- Candles (blessed, dressed, and / or handcrafted)
- Hand-crafted / artisan jewelry
- Hand-crafted / artisan balms, salves, oils, herbal concoctions, etc. (I deal with chronic pain so anything that helps with that or circulation is a double-win)
- Cleaning, meal-prep, cooking, and / or personal assistant services (as a babe with disability / chronic illness, this really helps when things align)
- Copy-editing assistance
- Small business (and / or non-profit) consultation, legal support, & advice
- Beauty services (e.g. nails, hair, esthetician services)
- Product swaps from small businesses who are aligned in purpose (e.g. have a cool shirt that you just KNOW would be in alignment with the mission here? Do you create some cool shit that you think I’d be into? Propose it!)
- Professional photography session (*headshots don’t update themselves amiright?!)
- Class passes or tickets – free admission to an interesting class or event if you are a facilitator / workshop provider, etc.
- Art (QTPOC artists to the front!)
There are so many beautiful ways to express reciprocity! Let’s dream up more together at email@example.com.